If there is one body part that is the most underestimated, it is your feet. These help you in your everyday chores and activities and yet they are barely taken care of. While most people feel comfortable in their floaters or shoes, your feet are either constantly exposed to the elements of nature or completely devoid of them respectively. In either case, these body parts are severely affected and hence cause major issues such as bunions, blisters, and athlete’s foot. Foot care is usually the most neglected aspect of your daily routines.
You constantly take care of your skin, then why not pay some attention to your feet. To give your feet the care they deserve, the most important product that needs to be used daily is a foot cream. Just like your skincare lotions and creams, a foot cream has the sole purpose of moisturising your feet and making them look and feel fresh. These creams come with various ingredients and can also be prepared at home to make sure you get the best care for your feet.
6 Benefits Of Foot Creams
With summer just around the corner, dry and cracked heels and flaky feet are going to be a constant problem. Using a foot cream in this situation would be a great rejuvenating exercise. Apart from these, here are a few benefits why a foot cream is what you absolutely need to start using today without any fail. Discover some amazing benefits of using foot creams:
1. Easy Moisturiser
The biggest and the most beneficial aspect of using a foot cream is that it acts as a moisturiser. This means that your feet stay clean and fluffy and make sure they never give you a problem whether at the beach or in a conference room.
2. Young & Happy Feet
The key elements of a foot cream cleanse your feet and rid them of any foot odour. This means that using a foot cream regularly helps you keep your feet young and keeps parasites away from your feet. Eventually, this keeps your feet free of any medical issues that can trouble you in the long run.
3. Helps Prevent Medicinal Problem
Oils in popular foot creams help in keeping a check on feet swelling, redness, and tingling which may eventually convert into major problems. Thus a regular foot cream routine keeps you safe from long medical bills at a later point in life.
4. Prevents Infection From Spreading
When you massage your foot with a foot cream while having blisters, you can easily soothe the pain and help keep the infection from spreading.
5. Rejuvenating Therapy
Foot massage with a foot cream after a hectic day is also great therapy since it improves the blood flow and hence makes you feel relaxed and keeps your feet light.
6. Improves Foot Skin Immunity
Foot cream with natural products such as neem oil is also great at increasing the healing of your skin and naturally protects it against any infections.
5 DIY Foot Creams Recipes
While it may seem trivial, a foot cream has major benefits that ensure a healthy life for your feet. They also make sure that your feet look and feel silky and smooth at all points of time and never give you trouble on any occasion. If you’re worried about chemicals in some of the best foot creams causing unwanted side effects, this article will help you know a few recipes to make your own DIY foot creams at home and make sure that your feet are well cared for.
1. Peppermint Infused Coconut Oil Foot Care Cream
The vitamins E and A in the shea butter are great to maintain healthy skin. Combined with the sweet almond oil, this cream is great at moisturising the skin deeply and keeping it soft. To top it all off, extra-virgin coconut oil has great antibacterial and antifungal properties that help you deal with a foot infection. This homemade foot cream hence gives you all-around protection while also leaving a cool sensation because of the peppermint oil.
You Will Need:
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin oil
- 7 to 8 drops of peppermint essential oil
How To Make:
- Mix together all of the shea butter, sweet almond oil, and extra-virgin coconut oil in a container and microwave this mix for 1 to 2 minutes until completely melted.
- While the mixture cools down, add the peppermint essential oil into the mix. Stir well to ensure the mix is completely blended and let it cool down and solidify completely. You can also put it in the freezer to quickly solidify it.
- Using a hand blender, whisk the solidified mix thoroughly until it becomes a frothy cream.
- Transfer this cream into a tin can for daily use.
2. Milk & Honey Foot Care Cream
Honey in this best foot cream proves great in healing cracked feet and moisturises the skin well. Additionally, milk restores the glow and texture of the skin and deeply nourishes it. The lemon juice reduces the chances of a bacterial infection coupled with the almond oil that ensures dry and soft skin.
You Will Need:
- 3 tablespoons cold milk
- 1 cup of honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of almond oil
- Few drops of vanilla essence
How To Make:
- Pour the entire cold milk and honey into a vessel and warm it on a low flame.
- Add the lemon juice and almond oil to this mix while stirring it well.
- Once mixed, take the vessel of heat and allow it to cool. Once it cools, add vanilla essence and give it a stir.
- This foot cream mix can then be poured into a container and frozen for daily use before going to sleep at night.
3. Cocoa Butter & Tea-tree Oil Moisturising Foot Cream
Tea-tree oil is always best for retaining the natural moisture of your feet. Combined with cocoa butter, this foot cream gives amazing results in turning your dry, cracked heels to soft and gentle. It also has antiseptic properties of tea-tree which helps treat fungal or wounded feet.
You Will Need:
- 20 grams beeswax
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of cocoa butter
- 10 drops of peppermint oil
- 12 drops of tea tree oil
How To Make:
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler.
- Add olive oil and cocoa butter and mix well.
- Next, add the drops of peppermint oil and tea tree oil into this mix.
- Cooldown the mixture and pour it into a container for daily use.
4. Shea Butter Foot Salve
These shea foot cream benefits are abundant for your feet. This cream heals cracks, deeply moisturises the feet, and at the same time reduces foot odour. It also has healing properties that protect your feet against any fungus and keeps them cool and fresh even after a long day inside shoes.
You Will Need:
- ½ cup unrefined shea butter
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 3 vitamin E capsules
How To Make:
- Melt the unrefined shea butter, beeswax, coconut oil, and avocado oil in a double boiler.
- Once melted, allow the mixture to cool down.
- Open up the vitamin E capsules and add the oil to the mix.
- Whisk everything together to create a well-blended cream. Apply this cream to clean feet before going to bed for best results. Store the cream in a tin can for daily use.
5. Lemon & Ginger Oil Foot Cream
This miraculous lemon and ginger oil foot cream relax and treats your tired feet in a gentle way. It works as a skin booster and deeply moisturises, softens and soothes your dry hard foot skin. Lemon and ginger essential oil present in it help smoothen your dry heels.
You Will Need:
- 15 grams beeswax
- 15 grams coconut oil
- 15 grams cocoa butter
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 10 drops of ginger essential oil
How To Make:
- Melt all of the beeswax, coconut oil, and cocoa butter in a pan over a low flame.
- Once melted, take the pan off the flame and add the lemon essential oil and 1 ginger essential oil, and stir the mix well.
- Once all oils are infused together, let the mix cool and store it in a jar. Apply this mix every day before going to sleep and cover your feet with socks for the best results.
These DIY creams are sure to help you take care of your feet well and enhance your entire foot care experience. However, just using a cream while not caring about your feet for the rest of the day is not going to be of any help. The foot cream treatment needs to be in addition to some basic foot care techniques that make sure that your feet are protected round the clock and not just when you’re retiring for the day. Check a few more foot care tips to make sure your feet never give up on you.
Important Foot Care Tips
- Wear footwear that fits your feet well and is not too tight. Tight footwear often leads to skin infections and sores which create an uncomfortable experience.
- Think of your heels as a million-dollar item and use them sparingly. Frequent use of heels shifts the natural position of the foot in relation to the ankle and causes major knee, hip, and back pains which can turn into chronic problems over time.
- Since our feet are the most susceptible to bacterial and fungal infections, it is essential to wash them at the end of the day. Pay special attention to cleanse the skin in between toes since they are the perfect grounds for bacteria and fungi to grow.
- Keep your feet dry at all times. Damp feet are the perfect grounds for fungal infections like athlete’s feet to flourish.
- If your work or leisure requires you to stand a lot, go for insoles to give you proper support and avoid any foot sores.
- When you notice any toenail discolouration or skin infection symptoms, get medical help right away instead of covering it up. These turn into serious issues very soon.
- Roll a tennis ball under your feet whenever possible. This ensures increased blood flow and hence thus keeps your feet healthy.
- Keep your feet clean and dry at all times.
- A moisturiser can do wonders for your feet and keeps them fluffy and healthy at all times.
- Foot creams may have essential oils or medicinal properties that keep them safe from any bacterial or fungal infections.
- Any discolouration or peeling of foot skin or nails may be a sign of an upcoming infection. Get medical help immediately in all these cases.
- Foot massages physically or by using external devices are great at improving blood flow and hence relieving your foot of pain and exhaustion.
The feet are essential for our daily working without any problem. They hence should be taken care of constantly and regularly. The above DIY creams and foot care tips should be used and followed diligently to ensure healthy feet that never give up. All in all, using a foot care cream regularly improves blood circulation and the key oils in these creams fend the feet against any bacterial or fungal infections. Along with this, if you take proper care of your feet in terms of choosing your footwear and taking necessary hygiene steps, you’re sure to have healthy and clean feet that go a long way without attracting medical attention.