No morning is complete without a cup of fresh, revitalising coffee. Most of us need this aromatic potion to begin our day. And with a variety of coffee shops popping up and brands bringing deluxe coffee to our homes, it has gained pop culture approval. However, coffee is no longer restricted to your mugs and cups. Using coffee for face care is the new trend. Today, many beauty brands are coming with coffee-based products like coffee face scrub and body scrub. Buy natural coffee body scrub from the Red Dot Shop here. Along with being used for scrubs, this ingredient has found its way into a variety of coffee face masks and hair packs as well.
10 DIY Coffee Hair Treatments For Hair Growth & Nourishment
1. Hair Conditioner
When you use coffee for hair as a conditioner it gives your hair a really good shine while also nourishing the roots. Post this treatment your hair is bound to feel softer and get a good shine too. The replenished look your hair gets with this natural treatment is sure to make some eyes turn!
- Brew coffee and let it cool down before pouring it into a bottle.
- After a normal shampoo, pour the cooled down brew into your hair and let it settle for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
2. Standard Coffee Shampoo
Caffeine is all that your hair needs to stay soft and shiny. Once you start using coffee on your hair, the need to go to a salon goes down. Thus, coffee gives your hair a natural treatment while also saving you some big money.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of coffee powder into 4-5 tablespoons of regular shampoo.
- Mix it well to incorporate it together and create a coffee-infused shampoo.
- Apply to wet hair and then rinse off.
3. Hair Dye
Coffee bears a natural colour due to its caffeine content that is known to change your hair shade and make it one or two shades darker. With this method, coffee powder for hair can be converted into a strong dye that can also be used for highlights. Buy organically grown coffee powder from the Red Dot Shop here. This dye is proven to show results as a natural way of dyeing your hair while also nourishing the roots and scalp.
- The ideal way is to brew a strong cup of dark coffee.
- Once brewed you can further add coffee grounds and the coffee hair conditioner.
- Apply the mix to clean and damp hair for one hour to get the best results.
4. Coffee Hair Scrub
Your hair is exposed to constant pollution and dirt. This leads to dry hair that eventually starts falling off. Here the coffee hair scrub plays an important role. This scrub is easy to prepare and is great to rejuvenate and exfoliate your hair scalp. It uses the power of coffee for hair growth since the paste removes all dead skin and helps new cells push out thicker and stronger hair.
- Mix one tablespoon each of coffee powder, honey, and olive oil to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to damp hair.
- Wait for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
5. Coffee Oil
This oil significantly increases the blood circulation in the scalp and nourishes hair roots well. Phytosterols improve the moisture retention of your hair and hence also gives it a good shine. The process to make this oil may be lengthy but the results from the oil are worth this time and effort.
- Take 2 cups of coconut oil and add 1/4th cup of roasted coffee beans to it.
- Cook this mixture in a saucepan for 7-8 hrs with the lid on.
- Keep stirring every few hours to prevent the coffee from burning.
- After about 8 hours of brewing, take the oil off the heat and store it to use when needed.
6. Hair Pomade
A touch of pomade to your hair is always a good touch while getting ready for a function. But most pomades have chemicals that eventually deteriorate hair quality. You can use some coffee powder for hair pomade to give a natural treatment to improve hair texture for any event.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of coffee and 2 teabags each of black, green, and white tea.
- Next add 130 gms of castor oil, 30 gms of beeswax, and 40 gms of cocoa butter to the mix.
- Infuse these items together and put them in a water bath for about 5 hours.
- Once done, you can melt and incorporate the remains in a double boiler.
- Pour out the resulting oil and whip for about 2 minutes.
- The pomade can then be transferred into a container for application as needed.
7. Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoo is essentially a fast-drying powder that is a waterless way of cleansing your hair. You can give your hair a quick and waterless treatment for oiliness and also leave a nice fragrance to it! In this process, you also use coffee for hair growth by cleaning off the roots.
- Take 2 tablespoons of Arrowroot powder.
- Mix it with 1 tablespoon of finely ground coffee powder.
- Once mixed, use a makeup brush to apply this mix to your scalp.
- Once you apply this dry shampoo to your hair, let it sit for a few minutes to soak all the oil and excess sebum.
- Then you can brush your hair well to make sure all the excess powder gets out of your hair.
8. Coffee Mask
Coffee, lemon, and yoghurt used together to create a mask can give some amazing non-frizzy hair that is nice and bouncy. Yoghurt (curd or dahi) does the job of deep conditioning and lemon and coffee clean and exfoliates your scalp. Find more about DIY hair masks here.
- Take one tablespoon of finely ground coffee.
- Add it to one cup of plain yoghurt.
- Stir well and apply the mask to your hair.
- After about a good 30-40 minutes rest, rinse off your hair and flaunt your gorgeous locks.
9. Pre-Shampoo Hair Serum
Pre-conditioning helps cleanse the scalp much better and leads to better cleaning of the dirt from your hair while shampooing. The way to make this serum is also simple. Your hair should feel moisturized and super light after this treatment.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of coffee with 2 tablespoons of honey.
- To this concoction, add 4 servings of freshly boiled water to melt the honey.
- Apply this paste for at least 15 minutes to get amazing results.
10. Mayonnaise & Coffee Hair Mask
While this is another form of hair mask, its results are different from the others. Mayonnaise helps regain the texture of the hair and hence leads to a better shine. Also, it strengthens the roots and even treats split ends. The procedure to make this hair mask is as simple as the other solutions.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of coffee powder, 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of glycerine.
- Stir it well to create a paste-like consistency.
- Once the paste is formed, apply this to wet hair starting with the roots going all the way to the ends.
- After 40-45 minutes, you can wash this out.
- This treatment is suggested to be done at least twice a month for great results.
5 DIY Coffee Face Packs, Scrubs & Masks For Flawless Skin
1. Exfoliating Coffee Scrub
Coffee grounds have the perfect consistency of a good scrub. Though they appear to be rough, when mixed correctly, they form a deep cleansing scrub that’s soft on the skin. It will get rid of cellulite, inflammation and uneven skin. Scrub away the dead skin and unveil the healthy natural glow of your skin with these 5 homemade exfoliating scrubs.
- Mix coffee grounds with coconut oil.
- Stir well until it comes together.
- Take a little of this scrub and apply it all over the body.
- Gently scrub in a circular motion.
- Wash it off with warm water.
2. Depuffing Coffee Mask
Can’t get rid of puffy eyes? Use this DIY coffee face mask to reduce the swelling and puffiness around your eyes. By increasing blood flow, it helps tighten the skin and reduce inflammation.
- Take a few spoonfuls of finely ground coffee.
- Mix it with some liquid coffee to form a fine paste.
- Apply this paste around your eyes and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
3. Citrusy Coffee Face Pack
Oily skin can be a little hard to manage but a potent coffee face pack with lemon is the way to go. The lemon provides vitamin C and coffee is known for its skin tone lightening properties.
- Grab a tablespoon of coffee powder.
- Mix it well with lemon juice.
- Apply this to your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Alternatively, you can also use these DIY ghee face masks for uneven skin tone.
4. Wholesome Coffee Face Pack
What’s better than a plain turmeric face pack? It’s this wholesome turmeric, coffee and yoghurt face pack! Rich in antioxidants, this is a perfect pack to get rid of tan and hyperpigmentation. Find here a list of 10 home remedies to treat pigmentation. Get rejuvenated, even, smooth and soft skin with this face pack.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of coffee powder, turmeric, and yoghurt each.
- Apply it in a downward motion on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
5. Honeylicious Mask
Honey in green tea makes it sweeter and honey in a coffee face mask makes it better. Honey tightens the skin along with giving it a healthy glow. Make a pure, organic and herbal face mask with coffee and honey. Find here 30 DIY face masks using kitchen ingredients for every skin concern.
- Take one tablespoon of coffee powder and honey each.
- Mix until it turns into a smooth paste.
- Apply this on your face in a downward motion.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
A simple bean of coffee can do a lot of wonders to your hair and skin. You can also try coffee for lip care and buy coffee and cinnamon plumping lip serum from the Red Dot Shop here. Coffee benefits for hair and skin are abundant. All you need to do is try one of these DIY coffee treatment products and enjoy healthy hair and skin. So, get ready to flaunt your gorgeous hair and smooth skin to everyone!